7 Fun Facts About Vintner Ariana Peju
Posted on: March 29, 2017
For sisters and second-generation vintners Lisa and Ariana Peju, owning a winery was something they dreamed about since they were teenagers. This dream came to fruition in 2016 when the two discovered the Carneros property that now houses LE Wines.
While the sisters shared the same vision and drive when creating this winery, the two are very different. At a table overlooking the Carneros valley and breathtaking San Pablo Bay, we sat down with younger sister Ariana and asked her some fun questions to help you get to know her better.
1. Let’s start off with a cliché interview question so our audience can familiarize themselves with you. What are three words that best describe you?
Headstrong, loyal and proactive.
2. What’s the best part about running a winery with your sister?
Ha! There is good and bad about being attached to your sister all the time, but I would say the best part is having a partner in crime. My sister knows me better than anyone in the world, so I can tell her something without sugar coating it and she gets it. We also bounce a lot of ideas off of each other, which is helpful, and we like the same varietals which is nice.
3. When you’re not at the winery, where can we find you?
Playing or cooking with my two-year-old son, and hopefully my husband if he isn’t working.
4. It’s Friday night, what wine are you reaching for?
5. What wine varietal best matches your personality?
I would say Pinot Noir is the best fit. It’s hard to make, and my sister would probably say I’m hard to deal with sometimes. I’m a Taurus, being stubborn is part of my nature!
6. What is your ultimate food and wine pairing?
I’m not picky. I love to cook and be cooked for, so whatever is in the fridge or whatever someone brings over is good for me.
7. If you weren’t a vintner, what job would you have?
I would probably be a travel writer or a chef.